Drinking clean and freshwater is vital for good health. Most people drink water directly from the tap, which is safe to drink but will often contain some unpleasant taste and odor. This will be because of chlorine, which is used to keep water free from bacteria and germs. However, there is also another way to get clean water that is not only free from germs but also from chemicals, that is, by installing an Inline water filter.
An Inline water filter is a small handy tool that you can install quickly and directly to your cold-water mainline. This filter can be fitted under the counter to save space in the kitchen and keep them out of sight. It is a highly efficient tool that can also be installed in caravans, motor homes, boats, refrigerators, and water coolers. There are various types of inline water filters available in the market, and the best ones are listed below.
OUR TOP 3
- List of the 10 Best Inline Water Filter in 2020
- 1. Best Overall: Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000-gallon Capacity
- 2. Best Runner Up: AQUA CREST RV Inline Water Filter
- 3. Cheapest Of All: LASCO 37-1821 Ice Maker Inline Filter
- 4. Best Value For Money: Camco 40045 TastePURE Inline RV Water Filter
- 5. Best Under $20: K2533 JJ
- 6. Best For Refrigerators: EcoPure EPINL30
- 7. Best For Icemakers: Inline Water Filter Kit
- 8. Best RV Filtration System: Camco 40043
- 9. Best Powerful Water Filter: Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System
- 10. Best Installation: APEC Water Systems CS-2500
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
List of the 10 Best Inline Water Filter in 2020
1. Best Overall: Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000-gallon Capacity
- Brand: Watts Premier
- Item Dimensions: 10 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches
- Filter Life: 20,000-gallons capacity
This product is manufactured by Watts premier company and is considered to be a high-quality water filtration system. It is an exceptional filter perfect for residential and commercial refrigerators, ice makers, drinking fountains, motor homes, and campers. This filter is relatively easy to install and has a capacity of up to 20,000 gallons.
By using Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDT) Technology for water filtration, it provides premium quality drinking water, with no chlorine taste or odor. It is a compatible product that can easily be attached to the standard water supply line of ¼ inches. This product is a highly-efficient water filter certified by NSF and does not require servicing, but an inspection is recommended every six months.
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Has a capacity of 20,000 gallons
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor
- Certified by NSF and WQA
- It is a flexible model
- Features an Innovative Kinetic Degradation Fluxion
2. Best Runner Up: AQUA CREST RV Inline Water Filter
- Brand: Aqua Crest Store
- Item Dimensions: 11.1 x 5.3 x 3.1 inches
- Filter Life: 3 months (capacity not mentioned)
The Aqua crest RV inline water filter offers multi-stage filtration using advanced KDF, GAC, and mineral remover to provide fresh, clean drinking water. Moreover, this fluoride remover function protects your bones, teeth, and stomach. This inline filter can easily be connected to any standard water faucet or hose to fulfill your water needs and ensures a leak-free fit.
This water filter refills your RV with clean and tasty drinking water. It is also used for watering plants and washing cars as it does not deposit any kinds of harsh minerals. Also, it can be used with a pressure washer from Greenworks, Sunjose Simpson, and other brands that will prolong the service life of the equipment. This water filter is an excellent product with multiple uses that offers a long-lasting service.
- Provides multi-stage filtration
- Can be connected to any water faucet or hose
- Removes heavy materials, chlorines, sediments from the water
- Ensures a leak-free fit
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Easy to install and use
3. Cheapest Of All: LASCO 37-1821 Ice Maker Inline Filter
- Brand: Lasco
- Item Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 10.5 inches
- Filter Life: 1500-gallons capacity
Lasco 37-1821 is an extremely straightforward inline ice maker filter that offers great filtration capacity and includes 1/4-Inch compression connection fittings. It efficiently removes all kinds of impurities from the water, such as rust, microparticles of dust, and slit, to deliver high-quality premium water. With its 1500-gallon capacity of filtration, this product is ideal for an average-sized household. This inline filter requires less maintenance and reduces the cloudiness and haziness as well as Trihalomethanes in the water. It is a great product that provides fresh and clean drinking water available at a low price.
- Removes all kind of impurities from water
- Has 1500-gallon capacity of filtration
- Perfect for refrigerators and ice makers
- Requires less maintenance
- 6-months life capacity
- Comes with an installation guide
Also check: Top 10 Best Underwater Metal Detectors in 2020
4. Best Value For Money: Camco 40045 TastePURE Inline RV Water Filter
- Brand: Camco
- Item Dimensions: 10.5 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches
- Filter Life: 3 months (capacity not specified)
Camco water filter is a well-built and handy product that removes the taste and odor of chlorine and other sediments from the water. It not only makes the water taste better but, with the help of KDF, prevents the growth of bacteria, fungus, and mold when the filter is not in use. This filter comes with a flexible hose that effortlessly attaches itself to any kind of water hose or faucet.
It is a top-quality product, made in the USA for multiple uses in different locations. This product can be used at campsites to keep sediment out of your RV water tank and to get clean drinking water for a whole season. It can also be used for washing the car, gardening, or for filling up your hot tub or pool, and home brewing. All in all, it is an excellent product which can quickly be installed at any location.
- Easy use and installation
- Removes sediments from the water
- Features GAC and KDF
- Has a wide body inline design for increase flow rate
- Multiple-use in various locations
- Durable and long-lasting
5. Best Under $20: K2533 JJ
- Brand: Omnipure
- Item Dimensions: 10 x 2 x 2 inches
- Filter Life: 1500-gallons capacity
It is a practical and straightforward inline water filter with built-in ¼ inch quick connect fittings for easy installation. This product by Omnipure is ideal for refrigerators, under sinks, and other household applications. With a 1500-gallon filter capacity, it reduces the taste of chlorine and nasty odor from the water. It comes in a nice simple design which makes it easy to install and operate. This water filter is a lightweight, well-handy tool that provides clean, tasty, and fresh drinking water.
- Comes with quick-connect fittings
- Lightweight and handy
- Ideal for multiple uses
- Has a filter capacity of 1500 gallon
- Easy to install and operate
- Available with female pipe thread
6. Best For Refrigerators: EcoPure EPINL30
- Brand: EcoPure
- Item Dimensions: 13.5 x 7 x 3 inches
- Filter Life: 5 years (capacity not mentioned)
EcoPure EPINL30 is a durable and heavy-duty inline water filter that lasts up to five years. It is compatible with icemakers and refrigerator brands, including Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, Kenmore, GE, and more. This filter is simple to install and comes with both ¼ inch compression and push-to-connect fittings for various water lines.
It is crafted to be installed along walls, underneath floorboards, or entirely out of sight from anyone in the kitchen. Moreover, its compact design makes it easy to fit this filter in smaller areas. This model works nicely to improve the quality of water to protect your family from the harmful effects of dirty tap water.
- Comes with two kinds of installation settings
- Compatible with icemakers, refrigerators, RV, or boats
- Long-lasting and reliable
- Has a compact design
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Simple to install
7. Best For Icemakers: Inline Water Filter Kit
- Brand: Pure water filter stores
- Item Dimensions: 10.6 x 6.3 x 3.8 inches
- Filter Life: 1500-gallons
This is one of the best options amongst those available in the market for ice making. It provides better-tasting ice and water by reducing the chlorine content and odor from the water. This product can be placed in many places, such as behind your ice maker or refrigerator under your cabinet or sink. It is safe to use as this filter is tested and certified by NSF international and comes with a capacity of 1500 gallons. Lastly, this kit includes all the necessary tools such as Two 1/4″ Quick-Connect Water Line Adapters,15 feet of 1/4 inch NSF water line, shutoff valve, mounting bracket with a screw, and instructions with graphics.
- Tested and certified by NSF international
- Reduce chlorine taste and odor
- Convenient to use and install
- Comes with all necessary tools
- Filter up to 1500-gallons
- Used also for water fountains and under the counter systems
8. Best RV Filtration System: Camco 40043
- Brand: Camco
- Item Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 10.5 inches
- Filter Life: 3 months (capacity not mentioned)
This Camco 40043 is one of the best RV inline water purifiers with GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration that significantly reduces lousy odor, taste, chlorine, and sediment from the water. It has a flexible hose protector which can be attached to any regular garden or water hose connection for smooth and safe water flow. With its extensive capacity filtration, this product lasts up to three months. Also, this product is not just suitable for use in RV, but for marines, campaigning, gardening, and much more.
- Includes flexible hose protector
- Suitable for RV, Marine, gardening, and much more
- Has a dual activated carbon filter
- Comes with KDF and GAC
- Tested and certified
- Removes all kinds of sediments from the water
Also check: Top 10 Best Alkaline Water Pitchers in 2020
9. Best Powerful Water Filter: Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System
- Brand: FRIZZLIFE store
- Item Dimensions: 13.82 x 5.55 x 5.35 inches
- Filter Life: 1600-gallon capacity
Frizzlife under sink water filter system is a powerful and strong filter that provides fresh and healthy spring water directly from the tap. It comes with a special technology that preserves essential minerals while removing 99% contaminants. It is compatible with both 3/8 inch or ½ inch feedwater valves and directly connects to your cold-water line or existing faucet.
Also, this filter allows for not just quick installation, but also for quick filter cartridge change. It features an automatic shut off design, which ensures that you don’t need to turn down the water supply when you do the filter replacement. It is a well-built tool that ensures your family’s safety by providing you clean drinking water.
- Removes contaminants while preserving essential minerals
- Easy to fir, no plumbing required
- Has a high and smooth flow rate
- Comes with an auto-shutoff switch
- Quick twist-in installation
- Compatible with the cold water conduit
10. Best Installation: APEC Water Systems CS-2500
- Brand: Apec
- Item Dimensions: 12 x 4 x 4 inches
- Filter Life: 12 months (capacity not mentioned)
If you want a water filter with a trouble-free installation process, this APEC water system should be your first pick. It requires no holes to be drilled as it comes with standard 3/8″ hoses, which connect directly to the cold-water faucet stem and valve. Also, with its quick twist fit design, this water system allows for easy filter replacement.
It has superior quality and removes odor, bad taste, heavy metals, and chemicals while preserving various minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. This product is manufactured in the USA to provide your family clean and purified water with trouble-free maintenance to fulfill your various needs.
- Allows for trouble-free installation
- Connects directly to the existing kitchen faucet
- Preserves essential minerals in the water
- Has a quick fit design
- Reliable and durable
- Provides chemical-free filtered water
Inline water filters have become an essential part of our daily life as they provide clean and fresh drinking water with just one click. They are easy to install tools with multiple uses. These filters can be installed easily in an RV, boat, under the sink, refrigerators, ice makers, and at other places. They are lightweight, reliable, and durable tools with high-filtration capacity. These filters remove bad taste, odor, chlorine, bacteria, and sediments from the water. Most of these filters, while removing the contaminants, also preserve the essential minerals of water. All the inline water filters mentioned in the list come with all the essential functions required to deliver fresh, clean, and pure drinking water.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Is An Inline Water Filter?
The inline water filter is a small but highly efficient tool that works by becoming part of the main water supply. Inside the home, it usually connects to the main water supply that serves the cold-water tap. It is attached to the pipe running underneath the sink.
Where Are The Water Filters Used?
You can not only use the inline water filter inside the homes but also outside. It can be connected to the RV, refrigerators, ice makers, boats, and motor vans. This water filter can also be used for washing the car, gardening, filling up the pool, or hot tub.
Is It Difficult To Install An Inline Water Filter?
It is not at all difficult to install an inline water filter. Inline water filters are relatively easy to install all by yourself without the help of a professional. Most inline water filters come with an installation guide and instructions. They come with the desired fittings and tools that work with any standard faucet or hose.