An aviation headset is used to communicate clearly among people on board while cancelling unnecessary noise on planes or helicopters. Because the headset serves us a very specific function, not many of us are looking for it. We are looking for it when we are in need of a headset for clear communication and cancel out noises in cockpits of airplanes or helicopters. Still, there are many good headsets out there and bad ones that it’s hard to know what is good and bad. Without further due, we are bringing you here to the 10 best aviation headsets in 2021 with their key features and a product buying guide.
Our Best Top 3
- List of the 10 best Aviation Headsets in 2021
- 10. Rugged Air RA200 General Aviation Pilot Headset Features Noise Reduction
- 9. Kore AVIATION KA-1 Premium Gel Ear Seal PNR Pilot Aviation Headset
- 8. Bose A20 Aviation Headset with Standard Dual Plug Cable, Black
- 7. Bose Proflight Series 2 Aviation Headset, Non-Bluetooth, Dual Plug Cable
- 6. Kore Aviation P1 Series PNR Pilot Aviation Headset – Black
- 5. LightSpeed SIERRA ANR Aviation Headset
- 4. UFQ ANR L2 Hi-Lite in Ear Aviation Headset-Compare
- 3. Lightspeed Zulu 3 Aviation Headsets – GA Plugs
- 2. David Clark H10-13.4 Aviation Headsets
- 1. R Spider Aviation Headset for Pilots
- Buying Guide
List of the 10 best Aviation Headsets in 2021
10. Rugged Air RA200 General Aviation Pilot Headset Features Noise Reduction
Rugged Air is a good headset to go for. It has a 3.5-millimeter jack for our music devices. Moreover, it is manufactured with foam as seals for our ears that give excellent comfort to our ears when it is protecting our hearing ability. Rugged Air can reduce noise with a rate of 24dB and features as audio speakers for a 50mm performance. Lastly, it has a bag for storing it for later uses.
- Features 3.5-milimeter jack for music devices
- Manufactured with foams as seals for ears
- Includes rate for noise reduction 24dB
- Perform as an audio speaker
- Storing bag for later uses
9. Kore AVIATION KA-1 Premium Gel Ear Seal PNR Pilot Aviation Headset
Kore is a premium aviation headset packed with features. There are several qualities with it. First, it is excellent with canceling noise and protects your hearing with its rate for noise reduction around 24dB. That’s a great one to go with an aviation headset. For this reason, it offers comfortable and complete seals around our ears for clear and sharp communication through the headset as well. What’s more, Kore has a volume control on both ear cups.
Moreover, wearers can plug it to your smartphones for both Android and iOS with its 3.5 millimeter plug as well. Besides, a carrying case is a part of the collection that enables convenience for bringing the headset around from one flight to another. It’s good for flight schools as well as student pilots and instructors, for a perspective. Users will also receive five-year warranties for the company for buying it as well. Lastly, it’s a reliable headset. The product comes with a design by headset experts with around 3 decades of experience.
- Featured with rate for noise reduction 24dB
- Offers comfortable & complete seals
- Volume controls on both ear cups
- Plug into our smartphones
- Carrying case for storing it
- Reliable headset designed by experts
8. Bose A20 Aviation Headset with Standard Dual Plug Cable, Black
Bose is a cool aviation headset. It reduces noise for 30% that enables clear communication. Furthermore, the clamping force is 30% less than the conventional one, so it doesn’t give much pressure to our ears. Additionally, wearers will receive clear audio with Bose.
The product features a special tech design that we all can mute audio communication signals for one or another or mix two signals together as a receiver end. However, it’s not a wireless aviation headset. Communication still relies on those wires and plug in, as a result.
- Reduce noise for 30%
- Clamping force 30% less than the conventional
- Receive clear audio with it
- Special tech that enables muting audio
- The tech that designs for mixing two signals together
- Serves as wired aviation headset
You may also need one of these Top 10 Best Bluetooth Tower Speakers in 2021 | Best Choices for Home Theatre Audio
7. Bose Proflight Series 2 Aviation Headset, Non-Bluetooth, Dual Plug Cable
Bose 2 boasts a light and thin aviation headset. That enables you to control communication when being on flight with ease. Wearers can also adjust mic without a fuss. It is designed to cup noises and put in at a moderate level as there are a lot of noise pressures going around turbine aircrafts or helicopters. Again, it is a lightweight headset that gives in comfort to wearers.
The noise cancellation is just good because it diverts you to hear what you are supposed to hear rather than unnecessary, loud and noisy noises.
- Light & thin aviation headset
- Control communication while on flight
- Designed to ap noises
- Put noises in a moderate level
- Divert wearers to hear what they suppose
6. Kore Aviation P1 Series PNR Pilot Aviation Headset – Black
Kore Aviation is a good-to-go aviation headset. It can reduce noise for a rate of 24dB. Furthermore, the earcups just stay in place. It gives out a firm control over your ears, and you feel comfortable wearing Kore Aviation. Moreover, it has a 3.5-millimeter plug for your smartphones or MP3 players. Kore Aviation is sleek and plated with gold for its plugs. It’s a modern headset for modern aviators. Users will receive one-year warranties from the company beside the solid performance offered by it.
- Reduce noise for 24dB
- Earcups staying in place
- Gets a firm control over ears
- Feel comfortable wearing it
- Featured with 3.5-millimeter plug
- Modern headset for modern aviators
- One-year warranties
5. LightSpeed SIERRA ANR Aviation Headset
LightSpeed doesn’t work without a battery. Two packs of AA batteries power the headset that let it into a function for 40 hours. For your peace of mind, it designs with a battery indicator if you are having hassle over whether when the battery is in a low mode. Wearers can switch between stereo and mono, additionally. Lastly, wearers get volume controls for both cups that boast flexibility for wearing the aviation headset.
- Powered with two packs AA batteries
- Functions for 40 hours straight
- Featured with battery indicator
- Switch between stereo & mono
- Control volumes for both cups
4. UFQ ANR L2 Hi-Lite in Ear Aviation Headset-Compare
UFQ lets you have a firm experience when in flight. There are several reasons with it. It has a good rate for a noise reduction. Having the headset cap your ears firmly as for a noise reduction. Furthermore, it’s a lightweight aviation headset for wearers. Wearing it is comfortable as well because the ear tips are made with memory foam. Users can connect with your smartphones or MP3 players with a Bluetooth connectivity for listening to music beside receiving aviation signals and protecting your hearing from huge noises as well. The product’s belt is easy for a handheld and carrying around, lastly.
- Good rate for a noise reduction
- Cap your ear firmly
- Featured as a lightweight aviator headset
- Ear tips manufactured with memory foams
- Bluetooth connectivity with smartphones
3. Lightspeed Zulu 3 Aviation Headsets – GA Plugs
There is no comfort without Lightspeed 2. It brings about between 30 and 50% space for comforts to your ears compared with a conventional aviation headset. Moreover, the cable is premium to be used with Lightspeed 2. That is not a bonus but additional quality to the already excellent quality with it as a qualified aviation headset.
Users can connect it with your smartphones via a Bluetooth connectivity for music and more. The mic is just adjustable with all types of voices, so it’s good for a clear and sharp communication for everyone on board and with the air traffic control. Wearers will get seven-year warranties from the company that is also a reliable one in the market. This is a reliable aviation headset with warranties from yet a reliable company, lastly.
- Brings about space 30%-50% for ears’ comfort
- Premium cable to used with
- Bluetooth connectivity with smartphones
- Adjustable mic for all types of voices
- 7-year warranties from the company
2. David Clark H10-13.4 Aviation Headsets
Wearers will enjoy a good experience with just the functional aviation headset. Even though we all are supposed to wear those headsets, David Clark enables easy wearing as the head pad is made with memory foams. It gives a soft touch to our ears. Additionally, a microphone placement is easy with the Flex Boom Universal style of tech. Additionally, wearers can control volumes with the knobs. Lastly, users will get five-year warranties from the company; although, it is already a reliable aviation headset available in the market.
- Head pad manufactured with memory foam
- Featured with soft touches to your ears
- Easy microphone placement with Flex Boom Universal
- Control volumes with knobs
- 5-year warranties from the company
1. R Spider Aviation Headset for Pilots
Although it’s just an aviation headset, R Spider also brings about six choices of colors for pilot students and instructors who want to come in styles. Wearers of the aviation headset can input with your smart devices such as phones and MP3 players for music. Furthermore, it has a good rate for noise reduction with 24dB. Moreover, users will control the volume with knobs at both end sides of the aviation headset.
In addition, the ear pads have an excellent design for noise isolation. It protects our hearing ability well. What’s more, wearers will get clear audio and communication from inside it rather than disturbing noises from outside. For our comforts, the head pads are constructed with doubled memory foams as well. It has no clamping feeling with the aviation headset.
- 6 color choices to choose from
- Input with our smart devices for music
- Good rate for noise reduction: 24dB
- Control volume with knobs at both ends
- Ear pads manufactured with memory foams
- No clamping feeling for wearers
Everyone on board helicopters or in those cockpits needs a piece of aviation headset. That’s not a want, but that’s a necessity. As important as an aviation headset is for protecting your hearing and clear communication, there are varied aviation headsets out there in the market.
A premium aviation headset should do its jobs well such as protecting our hearing and offering flexible and clear communications among everyone on board and with those air traffic controls. It shouldn’t be too tight to our ears. Additionally, we should be able to connect it with our smart devices if we just don’t care as passengers on board helicopters. Some of us also want those aviation headsets that do the job with excellent styles and outlook designs as well.
All in all, please feel free to consider features in the product buying guide to make a decision. These are the most important qualities a premium aviation headset should have.