A high quality power supply is somehow one of the most important components to determine the use of your high end PC facilities. It can eliminate a lot of issues when you are running the program or planning to upgrade many other components. So today, let us draw your attention to the 500w power supply which you can use with your PC gaming process.
While previewing hundreds and thousands of power supplies on the market, you might feel overwhelmed by so many products and fail to differentiate which one is the best choice for you. Therefore, we have come up with the top ten best 500w power supplies for you. We hope that you can find the most desirable one for yourself.
OUR TOP 3
- List of the 10 Best 500w Power Supplies in 2020
- 10. EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W Power Supply
- 9. Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU | best budget power supply
- 8. EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty best power supply brand
- 7. EVGA 550 N1, 550W, 2 Year Warranty, Power Supply
- 6. Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply
- 5. Apevia ATX-RA500W Raptor 500W Power Supply
- 4. EVGA 500 GD, 80+ GOLD 500W, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-GD-0500-V1
- 3. Apevia ATX-AR500 Astro 500W ATX Power Supply
- 2. Apevia VENUS500W 500W ATX Power Supply with Auto-Thermally Controlled 120mm Fan
- 1. Seasonic S12III 500 SSR-500GB3 500W 80+ Bronze ATX12V & EPS12V
- Buying Guide
List of the 10 Best 500w Power Supplies in 2020
Video unboxing and installing Power Supply Device by Joel Dimatatac
10. EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W Power Supply
To begin with, we’d like to suggest you this 500w power supply from EVGA. It comes with a capacity of 500 watts, and it belongs to BR type, which stands for Bronze Reliable. It is certified by 80 plus Bronze for its efficiency. It has the efficiency of 85%, which means the capacity is much higher even if under typical loads.
In addition, it offers protection in heavy duty conditions, which include OVP, SCP, OTP, OPP, UVP and OCP. It has a non-modular design, and it is supported by full sleeved black cables. The cables are designed for aesthetics in high end use. Also, there is a bearing fan to make the operation quieter with a longer lifespan. It is the best power supply for gaming and more.
- Certified for Bronze Reliable
- Capacity: 500 watts
- Efficiency: 85 percent
- Protection: over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power, short circuit and over temperature.
- Comes with a 120mm bearing fan
- Serves as a DC converter
9. Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU | best budget power supply
Next, we have this 500w power supply from Thermaltake. This best budget PSU is able to deliver up to 500 watts of output in a continuous condition. It is compliant with Intel model ATX 12. Also, it is certified for efficiency of more than 80 percent in typical load condition. It supports 2 types of connector, which include active PFC, or power factor correction. It can support for up to 100,000 hours.
As a high industrial grade, it offers the power protection for over power (OP), over voltage (OV) and short circuit (SC). It is equipped with all the highest quality components that you can get. With a 12v powerful rail, it provides the best performance regardless of the system loading. Last but not least, it comes with a 5-year warranty on the quality of the product.
- Capacity: 500 watts
- Efficiency: over 80%
- Compatible with 2 connectors
- Protection: over power, over voltage and short circuit
- Powerful 12 volts rail
- Warranty: 5 years
8. EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty best power supply brand
Here comes another great 500w power supply from EVGA. This 500w power supply has an unbeatable value. The reason is that it has a white certification of its efficiency, which is estimated to be more than 80 percent in typical load. It features all types of protection in heavy duty usages, including over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power and short circuit.
In addition, it provides continuous power for a heavy duty use. Although it provides a powerful performance with sleeved cables, it has a compact design. It is there to build the connection for the basis of your high end system. Moreover, it features an internal fan to make the process quiet. For the warranty part, it is guaranteed in a 3 year period to provide users with the best peace of mind.
- White certified for more than 80% of efficiency
- Protection: over voltage, over current, over power, under voltage and short circuit
- Full sleeved cable used
- Compact and portable design
- Bearing fan to give a smooth and quiet process
- Warranty: within 36 months or 3 years.
7. EVGA 550 N1, 550W, 2 Year Warranty, Power Supply
Moving onto the next 500w power supply from EVGA, it comes with a capacity of 550 watts as well. This model belongs to N1 series, and it has a bearing fan size of 120mm. The fan is designed ideally for sleeve bearing, or in other words, it is there to make the operation silent without having any distracting noise to interrupt your days.
Apart from that, it also comes with a heavy duty protection, which protects your system from over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power and short circuit. More importantly, it supports up to 43A in a 12v rail to reduce the requirements on your components. It is built to offer the most stable and powerful connection to build your system in your own customization. Within 2 years, users can get full technical support.
- Features a bearing fan of 120mm to silent the operation
- Capacity: 550 watts
- Protection: over power, over current, under voltage, over voltage and short circuit
- Supports 43A on 12v rail
- Warranty: 24 months or 2 years.
6. Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply
If you have a less budget for your high end system building, you can consider this 500w power supply from Corsair. It comes with a total capacity of 550 watts. It has a bronze certification with a high efficiency of more than 80 percent. It supports a wide range of connection standards, including ATX12C 2.4, 2.3, 2.2, etc. It does not produce any access heat, and it also reduces the operating cost.
In addition, the power supply also has a bearing fan to make the operation silent in both medium and low loading condition. It has a semi-modular function which allows you to do the upgrades easily. With a 5-year warranty, you do not have to worry about the quality and reliability of the product.
- Capacity: 550 watts
- Bronze certification for 80% plus efficiency
- Connection compatibility: ATX12V
- 4.72-inch fan for a quiet operation
- Able to reduce heat and operating cost
- Warranty: 5 years.
5. Apevia ATX-RA500W Raptor 500W Power Supply
Let’s take a look at this power supply from Apevia. This power supply comes with a capacity of 500 watts as the subject mentions. It is able to connect 9 devices at the same time, which include 20/24 pin, 4 pin of 12volts, floppy, SATA and peripheral. There is also a fan to control the thermostat of this power supply, with a diameter of 120mm. However, there is no LED light on this fan to light up.
The maximum output current of this power supply measures at 3.3v for 16A, 5v for 16A, 12v for 36A, -12v for 0.3A and 5V for 2.5A. It features a full set of protection to your devices, including over current, over power, over voltage, under voltage and over temperature. However, this is not suitable for mining purposes.
- Connectors include 20/24 pin, peripheral, floppy and SATA.
- 120mm bearing fan
- Output current: 16A, 36A, 0.3A and 2.5A
- Protection: over voltage, under voltage, over power, over current and over temperature
4. EVGA 500 GD, 80+ GOLD 500W, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-GD-0500-V1
Now, once again, we have a great power supply from EVGA. It also has a capacity of 500 watts, and it receives gold certification for its efficiency. One point that it is better than the previous products from EVGA is that it has a high efficiency of more than 90%. It features a built in DC-DC converter which adds more stability to both 3v and 5v outputs.
It has the ability to correct active power factors. To accommodate the toughest, it comes with all types of protections, including the protection against over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power and short circuit. More importantly, it provides black sleeved cable, which gives you a high end look with a limited budget.
- Gold certification for 90 percent plus efficiency
- Protections: over current, over power, over voltage, under voltage and short circuit
- Full sleeved black cable included
- Warranty: 5 year limited period.
3. Apevia ATX-AR500 Astro 500W ATX Power Supply
This is another model of power supply from Apevia. At an affordable price, it offers the total capacity of 500 watts to support your high end system. It comes with various connectors for various types of outputs. It comes with a 120mm fan to provide a smoother, less heat and more quiet process. The fan is responsible for controlling the thermal of the power supply.
It comes with a 5% tolerance for outputs, including 3.3v, 5v and 12v outputs. More importantly, it will not cause any damages to your device because it has all kinds of protections for short circuits, over temperature, over current, over voltage, under voltage and over power.
- Capacity: 500 watts
- 120mm controlling fan for thermal control
- Protection: over temperature, over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power and short circuit
- 5% output tolerance on 12v, 3.3v and 5v
2. Apevia VENUS500W 500W ATX Power Supply with Auto-Thermally Controlled 120mm Fan
For the rank 2nd of today’s top ten best list, we have this power supply from Apevia. It is known as an ATX power supply with a full power capacity of 500 watts. It comes with various types of connectors for main power, peripheral and floppy. It also has a controlling fan with a diameter of 120mm to adjust the thermal in order for the power supply to operate at the right heat.
In addition, it features another 5% tolerance for 12v, 5v and 3.3v outputs. In terms of the protection, users do not have to worry about the damage because the protections include over temperature, over voltage, under voltage, over power, over current and short circuit. However, this power supply is not compatible with mining purposes, and damages due to this mining purposes are not covered in the warranty support.
- Capacity: 500 watts
- Connectors: floppy, main power and peripheral
- 120mm bearing fan for thermal control
- Protections: over temperature, short circuit, over current, over voltage, over power and under voltage.
1. Seasonic S12III 500 SSR-500GB3 500W 80+ Bronze ATX12V & EPS12V
Last but not least, this is one of the best power supplies from Seasonic. It also has a capacity of 500 watts to support your system. Inside the package, it offers all the essential cables that you need in order to connect it to a standard personal computer system. This power supply is certified by Bronzer certification for more than 80% of efficiency. For 20% load, it features 82% efficiency, while at 50% load, it can be efficient for more than 85%.
In order to control the operation thermal for you, it includes a 120mm sleeve fan to regulate the speed and provide you with a smooth and quiet operation. With such a pleasant environment, you are not interrupted when you are having your game going on. In order to provide you with the best customer satisfaction, we include a 5 year warranty for you to enjoy.
- Bronze certified for 80% plus efficiency
- Capacity: 500 watts
- 120mm bearing fan to offer a silent operation
- Warranty: 5 year period
Moving onto the buying guide section, below are the criteria to help you determine whether a power supply is good and suitable for you.
Capacity: just as the subject mentions, the capacity of the power supply should be 500 watts or around that number.
Efficiency: in order to ensure that it supports your system to the best, you should make sure that it is certified to have an efficiency of 80 percent or higher. The maximum can go up to 85%.
Bearing fan: this is used for thermal control to provide a smoother and more silent operation. Normally, the fan comes with a diameter of 120mm.
Protection: to protect your high end system as well as your personal computer, it should come with a variety of protections, such as over voltage, under voltage, over current, over power, over temperature and short circuit.
Warranty: since this is part of your system, you want to make sure that it runs well for years. Thus, it should have at least a 3 year warranty.
All in all, above are the top ten best 500 watt power supplies. Choose one now to build and upgrade your system to a higher level.